Imagine the stories that will be shared 5, 10, 20 years from now. In history, we read about how the trials, tribulations, defeat and victory play out.
What story will you share?
It's never too late to re-write your story.
We know we are not alone in experiencing firsthand the trials and tribulations life can bring.
Everyone experiences life. Is it the same experience, no of course not. Some people get hit harder, but no matter the degree, we all feel it. And feelings are feelings. The hurt, the love, the fear, the anger, the joy, the defeat.
Whatever you are going through in life, sometimes all we need is a reminder to shift our perspective. To change direction or rewrite the story.
In March we celebrate women all over the world who despite their trials and tribulations, have picked themselves up and re-written their story.
These women have been a great reminder to us personally, because like them we are women, mothers, wives and entrepreneurs and every day we have the odds stacked against us in business.
Did you know that only 2% of women-founded businesses cross the Million Dollar mark? Comparing these numbers to men - men are 3.5 times more likely.
Launching Pillars of Light has been one incredible learning experience for both of us. We have never launched a product-owned business from the ground up, however we have been in the service industry for decades. This is a whole new ball game.
We, like many women, have wondered what on earth we are doing? We have cried, cursed (shh don’t tell our kids ;), worried, and wondered if people would want to share in our vision to make the world a brighter place.
We’ve had some doubts and discouragements. Some moments when the world felt dark. But that is life.
This is why we need others who shine their light brightly - to help us see our way in darker times.
At Pillars of Light™, we are rooted in people and purpose. We are creating a movement of people who are committed to making this world a brighter place, one candle at a time.
People who believe the future of generosity can connect our world in new and beautiful ways.
People who shine their light bright, knowing that “a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle” James Keller.
This reminds us of our WHY. We all have so much love and light to give to this world.
Your WHY is the most important asset you can have. It pulls you back towards the light.
If you are struggling with a part of your life right now, here are a few things to consider.
- Take a few moments to express gratitude. Janey and I often take time to pray and meditate. This helps us keep perspective and stay in the moment.
- Look at just ONE thing you want to shift in your life.
- Ask yourself powerful questions. Such as “If I could choose (to live a life full of love) what would I choose, how would it look, what would it feel like?
- Shift your environment. Nature is GOD’s medicine. Our environment is stronger than willpower so changing it up allows us to calm our minds and create a new point of view. This is great for any problem-solving.
- Ask for HELP! The darkness is not meant to be experienced alone. Having an inner circle of ADVISORS is essential, in business and in life. From our trusted business advisors to a best friend or therapist, they all make for a winning team. Vulnerability is never a sign of weakness but of strength and courage.
As we head into spring, we begin the journey of new birth. Time for new beginnings, new projects and new scents!!